Saturday, February 20, 2016

Wade Shows No Fear Of Triple G!


(photo by Will Hart/K2 Promotions)

Undefeated Largo, MD middleweight Dominic "Lights Out" Wade is showing no fear as he gets ready to face one of the best boxers in the business -- "Triple G" Gennady Golovkin -- on Saturday, April 23 at the Forum in Inglewood, CA.

At a recent press conference in New York, Wade told reporters that there was no way he was going to pass up this opportunity.

"April 23 is going to be a big day for me, a life changing event," Wade said. "I'm prepared. I'm ready. I'm just coming there to do what I have to do. I'm definitely hungry. I definitely want the titles. When my manager called me and told me about the fight I was excited. I could have run 30 miles right there. It's gonna be a show. I ain't scared."

"No nerves. I'm cool. I'm ready," Wade said. "I think (Golovkin) can fight. He's a good fighter, but I think he's basic as well. (His style is) straight up and down. It's not a style I haven't seen before. He puts his shoes on the same way I do. He's just a person like I am."

"He has a little power," Wade said. "I don't think it's unbelievable or he's untouchable. Most of the people he's fighting are probably scared of him and went with the whole, 'He hits so hard type thing.' But I was excited (to get the fight). I took it and I ran with it.


"A lot of guys don't really have that heart (to fight him) and question themselves. (Saunders) didn't accept the fight. I can't believe it. I've got the best of both worlds -- I box, I can bang. I got power and speed with my power. Every one of my fights has prepared me for this. (Winning) would mean the world to me. I'm really excited."

The always-classy Golovkin showed respect for Wade for taking the bout.

"I respect Dominic Wade," Golovkin said. "He's undefeated mandatory challenger. It's very serious. I don't know who will win. I'm not God. This is boxing."

The bout will be shown live on HBO.

1 comment:

Ace said...

Opportunity to shock the world. Some see a mismatch I see an opportunity.