Saturday, August 16, 2014

Taylor and Broner Meet In Press Conference for September 6 Contest!



(Photo by Hogan/Golden Boy Promotions)

Emanuel "Tranzformer" Taylor (right) and Adrian "The Problem" Broner met each other this past Thursday in the first press conference to announce their Saturday, September 6 12-round contest at the US Bank Arena in Cincinnati, OH.

Both men had plenty to say during this conference about the bout.
Taylor:  “He can’t get under my skin. I always keep my calm. I knew he was going to talk, but at the end of the day we have to throw our hands. I’m definitely an underdog, but I can’t tell you my game plan. We just have to go in there and do what we have to do to get a win. I have to beat him really bad to get the win, I know that. I know we’re going up against the odds fighting him in his hometown. I’m going to go in there and fight my fight. That’s what we train hard for. I saw his fight against [Marcos] Maidana and I saw a lot of weaknesses there. But that’s not the only way he can be beaten. I definitely can take advantages of his weaknesses but I have some other plans for fighting this guy. I’m definitely looking to make a statement. This is the biggest fight of my career. This is what I’ve been working for my whole life since I was a little kid. It’s my time to make a statement. I’m coming to fight to give the fans what they want. At the end of the day may the best man win. I’m coming here to fight and do my thing.”

Broner: “I’m more than excited to be back in Cincinnati. It’s like when you spoil a kid —when you buy a kid a new pair of sneakers, the next time they come out they are going to expect another pair. Every time I’ve fought at home I gave my fans a knockout. I spoiled my fan base in Cincinnati. So every time I fight here that’s what they want.bI have to give them a knockout, I got to. And it’s got to be pretty, too. I think I’m going to hit him with the 30 piece and the biscuit. My fans keep supporting me and I’m going to fight for them. We’ve waited a long time to get to this spot and now we have to stay on top.

“My mind isn’t anywhere but on Emanuel Taylor. That’s my main objective. After I get my job done then I’ll think about another fight. But right now I’m focused on what I have to do. I’m going to put on a show like I always do and I’m ready right now. I know Taylor pretty well and I respect him, but at the end of the day he’s my enemy. I have to go out there and get my victory.”

No comments: