Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Thompson Gets Ready For British Battle With Price February 23 in Liverpool!




According to a recent press release, DC heavyweight Tony "The Tiger" Thompson is preparing to shock the United Kingdom with a victory over British rising prospect David Price on Saturday, February 23 in Liverpool, England.  Here is the release.

Heavyweight Tony Thompson believes he is just days away from ruining all hopes of David Price and Tyson Fury meeting. The American double world title challenger (36-3) meets British and Commonwealth champion Price (15-0) in a 12 round international heavyweight contest at Liverpool’s Echo Arena on February 23 in a fight that that can be seen on Wealth TV and WealthTV.com.

Price vs. Fury is the biggest domestic clash right now, and purses bids were due to be held on Wednesday, but Tyson pulled out. Southpaw Thompson said: “Fury didn’t want to know when I said I was up for coming to England and boxing him, and at least David took the job. All I keep reading is that David fighting Fury is the hottest ticket in UK boxing. It’ll be a cold ticket once I beat David.


“Of course, I appreciate how big a fight it is over there but it won’t have the same financial value or appeal when David has a defeat next to his name. David’s promoter Frank Maloney knows his stuff but he has made a major mistake in bringing me over because I lost my last fight. It was against Wladimir Klitschko and there is no shame in that, and I still have ambition. Beating David will make sure I stay in the world title picture.”

Thompson arrives in Britain this weekend, and although nobody should doubt his seriousness, the Washington DC man hasn’t been watching too many of Price’s devastating knockouts. He explained: “I have looked at some tapes, but you can only look as so many because tapes lie. It is hard to judge a guy’s rhythm, speed and athleticism watching tapes. You have to look at them though to spot to odd mistake a fighter might tend to make. That is what I look for more than style.”

No comments: