Monday, July 30, 2012

BATB Heads Into Year Seven!

On this date in 2005, The boxing world was introduced to Boxing Along The Beltway!  We are celebrating our sixth anniversary.  Usually, I put together stats about what has happened during those years, but I just haven't had the time to put that together this year in earnest and I really wanted to make this a brief celebratory note.

A few stats I will point out -- this is the 3967th post that I have made in the six years of this blog.  Looking to get to 4000 by the end of the year.  Also, since I have put a flag counter on my site, fans from 134 countries have visited this site.  On December 11, 2011 (the day after the Lamont Peterson-Amir Khan championship bout), 2,300 people logged onto the site -- 918 of those were looking at BATB for the very first time.

Once again, I am so thankful to all the boxers, trainers, promoters, matchmakers, commission members, friends and fans in the Beltway Boxing community for your love and support. You all make this so fun to do. For those reading from outside the Washington, DC/Baltimore/Virginia area, I am very appreciative that you take the time to find out what is going on in our area.

As I've said before -- let's keep on keepin' on!!

1 comment:

Foster said...

Congrats