Sunday, October 23, 2011

Crews Falls At Pan Am Games!

Baltimore's Franchon Crews lost her quarterfinal bout at the Pan American Games to three-time world champion Mary Spencer of Canada tonight in Guadalajara, Mexico.

Crews lost a 17-7 decision to Spencer. Crews, by virtue of making it to the Pan Am Games, will still be heading to the Olympic Trials in February.

"I didn't do what I wanted to do, but I did my best. I didn't put it all together like I trained to do,” Crews told USABoxing.org. "I wanted to use my jab and set everything up, but I got caught up in her fight. Once I found out I was down, I was just going to go for it, just give all I had. She basically moved around and I had to hunt her, but I tried."

DC superheavyweight Danny Kelly will begin his Pan Am quest on Monday.

No comments: