Wednesday, February 03, 2010

World Boxing Federation Names Cassandra White Promoter of the Year!

"After a number of shows where Babie Girl Productions head Cassandra White showed she was a good promoter, tonight she proved she is a GREAT promoter." -- BATB after October 24th card at Walter E. Washington Convention Center.

Apparently, there were others who felt the same way about Cassandra White after that show -- which featured Henry "Sugar Poo" Buchanan winning the World Boxing Federation (WBF) All-Americas Super Middleweight title. The WBF has announced that they have named Cassandra White its Promoter of the Year for 2009.

White has promoted a number of WBF title bouts in her career, including the Kreshnik Qato victory at Howard University's Burr Gymnasium in DC back in December of 2008. But according to a WBF Official, it's White's love for the sport that led to this honor.

"She loves boxing and she cares for the individual boxer's well-being," said Jack Crider, vice president for US Events for the WBF. Cassandra's the type of promoter the sport needs to bring it back to its former prominence. She truly deserves this award."

The next card for Babie Girl Productions will be on Saturday, April 2 at the Washington Convention Center. Due to the impending snow this weekend, the official card announcement party that was scheduled for this Saturday, February 6will be held on Saturday, February 20 at Hogates on the Waterfront in Southwest Washington. We'll be talking with White about this award and her upcoming card later this week.

14 comments:

Brian said...

congrat to Cassandra on this awesome honor, but coming from Jack Crider that leaves something to be desired. Jack is a circus clown.

Anonymous said...

hi hater 'on the low'.

Linda "Great Shot" Siadys said...

That is amazing! Huge Congrats Cassaundra.

Anonymous said...

Cassandra keep up the good work. Keep promoting good boxing cards and your success will only grow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think part of the thinking behind this award is how far she has come. A lot of fighters get knocked down. Some stay down. Some get up and don't come back. Some come back and get knocked down again. And some come back to win.

You came back and won, Cassandra. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

WBF, in Cassandra's case, stands for We Be Freaks wit yo fine thick ass! Yeah sexy chocolate - I sees ya boo! You thick sexy freak you!

Anonymous said...

WBF, in Cassandra's case, stands for We Be Freaks wit yo fine thick ass! Yeah sexy chocolate - I sees ya boo! You thick sexy freak you!

Anonymous said...

who is jack crider

Anonymous said...

Man it's some real disrespectful mother******* on here. Show some type of respect for the women!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, what you talkin' about? I love the ladies! I like 'em when they thick, I like 'em when they freaks but I Love 'em when they thick freaks like sweet Cassandra and those outfits she be wearing!

Anonymous said...

To dude who went on the WBF rant a few posts ago. If you actually read it, it stated "World Boxing Federation". Damn, why is it so hard for some people to feel good about what others have done. The hating is really getting ridiculous. It used to be funny, but now its just embarassing.

Good job Cassandra. Never saw you, but I have to now due to some of the posts describing you.

Anonymous said...

She alright you know. She a cougar, gotta little age on her but still looking good. Heard she own a beauty shop and nail salon called "Thick Sistas Flat Bush Bikini Waxing and ShoNuf We Do Ya Nails Too"

Anonymous said...

^^^ LMAO you gon make me google that lls. i cant wait until i get involved in the DMV boxing scene. You are an interesting bunch of characters.

Anonymous said...

Here is a new post from a new poster. No one will drag me into a mudslinging match. My name is Andre "Da Heat" Hemphill. I am a journeyman fighter from the Philadelphia area & I lived for awhile in the beltway area, Woodbridge to be exact. This is an open challenge to Scott Sigmon. I can beat this guy. My record is 8 - 14 - 2. I pride myself on taking on anyone at anytime & my record shows that. I was recently offered a fight against Sigmon & then his people turned it down. I keep up with this blog & have seen how he calls out all of the guys who are 2 & 3 weight classes below him & I just don't get it. If you are a real contender, then fight me. I am a true gatekeeper & will give you a good test as I did Mark Tucker. Tucker is a great fighter by the way. The matchmaker has my number. I will be waiting for your call. Although I will look on the blog for a response, there is really no need. This is my challenge. Hopefully, everyone along the beltway will see it & we can make a great fight, a fight in which I will DEFINATELY KNOCK YOU OUT!

One more thing, I can sell tickets in VA as well as up here in PA so promoters please be aware.

Sigmon, come on man. Let's do this. Anytime, anywhere, even winner take all! You want a real fight, here it is!

Sincerely & respectfully,

Da Heat