Monday, February 15, 2010

Weigh-in for March 6 Card Held at Tyson's Corner Center; Addition to BATB Post-Fight Comes March 6!

In one of the more innovative ideas I've come across in a while, the weigh-in for the Saturday, March 6 card at the George Mason University Patriot Center in Fairfax, VA will be held on Friday, March 5.

The location for the weigh-in will be Tyson's Corner Center and will also have the look of a fashion show as the boxers will down a red carpet runway wearing clothes made by some of the sponsors of the event. The weigh-in will start at noon and is indeed, open to the public.

Also on March 6, I plan to post live on BATB from the Patriot Center after every bout. Blooger.com now allows me to do this, so if the connection is strong, I will be posting.

After the card, we will have the BATB Post-Fight Wrap-Up show and there will be a way for fans to participate. Starting with the March 6 show, I will be reading a "Question of the Show" which will come from you, the fans. If I read your question on the show, you will receive a t-shirt courtesy of our show's sponsor -- UndisputedBrand.com.

Please send your questions about the Beltway Boxing scene to beltwayboxing@hotmail.com Please put your name, address and t-shirt size with your email marked "Question of the Show."

One word of advice -- please do not use this forum as a way to bash a particular boxer. That will guarantee your question will not be read.

20 comments:

Alec Kohut said...

Why am I having flashbacks to the fashion show scene in the hockey movie "Slapshot" as GM Joe McGrath (Strother Martin) would subject his players to numerous promotional follies?

Anonymous said...

found a new website that has some advertisement about the show.
Left Hook LLC.com

Anonymous said...

great picture you have to check this out!

Gary Digital Williams said...

Left Hook is in the promoters links category.

William Gagnon said...

Alec, please consider not saying anything unless you have something good to say. You are generally very negative. Many are trying to build up the local boxing scene, not tear it down. Perhaps you should considering taking a more positive approach to everything in your life. Of course, constructive criticism is helpful, but virtually every single one of your posts is an attack.

Anonymous said...

Alec are you going to model some hotpants those six inch pumps and maybe a nice halter top.

Alec Kohut said...

Hold on William, I guess you didn't see the movie "Slapshot".
If what I posted seems like an attack, you need to step back and get perspective.
Plus, I don't attack, I just give my honest opinion.
I have continuously praised the Ballroom Boxing cards recently, I love what Tony Jeter & mike Pacshall did last Sat. night. And generally think that the DC area has some great fighters and promoters.
My only beef, not an "attack", is the March 6th card, not that it is a bad card, it is just not worthy of the prices being charged.
And...if you can't laugh about the fashion show scene in "Slapshot", I don't know what to tell you.

Alec Kohut said...

Just curious, did anyone else here really think my "Slapshot" reference was an attack. I sure hope not.

Anonymous said...

Alec I think you should get some cheese to go along with that whine.

Anonymous said...

@Alec. I personally don't care if it was an attack or not because i'm not associated with the card.

But it does seem like you were attacking the way they are promoting/advertising the card.

Anonymous said...

yeah alec is annoying but gagnon is even worse. alec was just making a jokey joke and gagnon, or should i say tony robbins, was here to save all of us again! Gagnon, you hungry? Gag on deez nutz!

Alec Kohut said...

WOW --LIGHTEN THE F*^% UP !!!

If you can't find even a little humor in a "Boxing Weigh-In/Fashion Show" then you must have had your sense of humor surgically removed.

Alec Kohut said...

I just wish I could have seen the faces of the trainers and fighters when told they'd be entering the weigh-in by way of runway in a fashion show.
Priceless

Alec Kohut said...

And next to weigh-in we have Mr. Chase Shields. Mr. Shield's today is modeling a 70's style Smoking Jacket...perfect for your man when he is relaxing in his study. You'll notice the fancy red velvet trim in the neckline and cuffs.
Also The White Tiger holds the perfect accessories of a Montecristo cigar and snifter of fine aged Napoleon Cognac.

I can't wait to be there!

Anonymous said...

Could Alec/Gagnon/Hensley be the same???

Linda "Great Shot" Siadys said...

Really? U think?

Joe Hensley said...

No - I am not Alec or Gagnon. There are also people on here who write something and then sign my name to it and have done so many times. For that reason I have gotten an account and any posts that are made by me will show my name as follows.

Thanks,

Joe Hensley

Joe Hensley said...

I also added a picture to my profile. So if you don't see my name in blue, along with this picture. I didn't say it.

Anonymous said...

The fashion show is a great Idea.
Kudos to Brian Bishop.
S.F.

Anonymous said...

I question Alec Kohut's manhood.