Sunday, August 30, 2009

Scheduled Updates for Sept. 26 Patriot Center Card!

Some more bouts have been added to the ICE Promotions card on Saturday, September 26 at the George Mason University Patriot Center in Fairfax, VA.

Columbia, MD middleweight Tony "Mo Better" Jeter will take on Lusby, MD's Keith Gross in a six-round contest. Jeter (7-2, six KO's) has not fought since stopping Darrett Crockett in the second round on November 14 in Millersville, MD. Gross (3-1, one KO) will try to bounce back from a first-round nationally-televised loss to Erislandy Lara on February 20 in Fort Lauderdale, FL.

Manassas, VA featherweight "The Bolivian Queen" Jennifer Salinas returns to face Caitlin Dance of Louisville, KY in another six-round encounter. Salinas (10-1, four KO's) put on a solid performance on the last Patriot Center show on May 2, scoring a third-round TKO over Christina Leadbeater. Dance (2-5, one KO) will be trying to break a five-bout losing streak, going the distance in all of those bouts.

In four-round bouts, undefeated Oxon Hill, MD light heavyweight Alexander "The Great" Johnson takes on "The African Warrior" Francois Ambang of Mechanicsville, VA in a four-round rematch of a May 9, 2008 bout in Fredricksburg, VA. Johnson won the first contest by four-round unanimous decision. The bout was Ambang's pro debut. Johnson (6-0, three KO's) won a bout on August 27, capturing a six-round unanimous decision over Ariel Espinal in Hagerstown, MD. Ambang (2-3) lost a close six-round split decision to Otganbayer Daivii on the May 2 Patriot Center show.

Also, DC junior middleweight Kendrick "Holy Hands" Walker will battle Richmond, VA's Dwayne "Diesel" Shelton in a four-round battle. Walker (2-2-1, one KO) was also on the May 2 Patriot Center card and won a four-round split decision over Taurean Edwards. Shelton (2-1) will try to bounce back from a second-round TKO loss to James Stevenson on April 30 in Woodlawn, MD.

Undefeated Arlington, VA boxers "The Mongolian Mongoose" Bayan Jargal (13-0-1, nine KO's) and Tracy Brewer (3-0, one KO) are also slated to be on this card in separate bouts.

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tony does not like to go in tough does he? Promoter says it was time he started his own gig bc it was impossible to find one armed one legged fighters for him to agree to fight. I want to see a Jeter McCombs fight, loser stays off this blog and away from boxing.

Richard McCombs said...

He will not fight me again I really want it bad,I'm weighing 175 right now we can work something out.

Richard McCombs said...

Add my myspace there are pics from the jeter fight u tell me should it be another fight,just click my name it will take u there.

Anonymous said...

McCombs vs CUJO would be a good match up. Mouth vs Mouth

Anonymous said...

Look at Jeter change the subject under anonymous big shock.Jeter vs cujo would be good also.

Richard McCombs said...

To be honest ill fight anyone of you guys if u can make the wait,ill step up to the plate. I think a promoter is needed now feel free to email me no games please RichardMcCmbs@yahoo.com

Mike D said...

Mccombs vs Cujo The winner of that one fights Mo better, whats the point. McCombs was stopped (end of story.) Good win for Cujo over the weekend. Not enough to beat Jeter.
(end of that story)

Anonymous said...

Jeter wont ever and I mean ever fight Cujo. Cujo give it up focus on Ridgway and then take it from there. Forgett about Jeter.

Richard McCombs said...

I feel its fair that the Beltway family know a little bit of the behind scene of McCombs vs Jeter. 2wks prior to the fight I lost my mother-inlaw to Cancer,11mnths prior to that I lost my step-dad the only man I knew as my father. I grieve seven yrs man and God know's what I took my wife thru,I love you baby for holding me down & being so encouraging. I'm not making any excuses fact isi never entered the ring as a professional Complete. I don't hate toney I seek redemption I'm healed now and ready to fight anyone all I need is another chance u know. I thank Jimmy,nate,zab,al scott,gary,purcell,Gene and the rest of my friends for being there that's real man,thanks for taking the time to listen that's it what happens from here is up to God may he Bless us all.

Mike D said...

Richard ,sorry to hear about your family members. Losing them had to be and obviously was tough. Why would Jeter fight you? He has beaten you already. Move on to other things. It sounds like your ready to fight. Why aren't you fighting? What is stopping you? I have been reading this blog for a while and you say you want to fight, then fight. Best of luck to you in the future.

Richard McCombs said...

Thanks old school these days everyone got there hand held out.I don't want to sign with someone just because they get me a fight,And your right why would he fight me now its all business.

Anonymous said...

Yeah thats unfortunate but like old skool said following this blog for quite some time and it appears if you wanted to be relevant as a fighter then you would fight. Its actually pretty pathetic to be on here calling guys out after not fighting for almost a decade

Richard McCombs said...

I aint worried about that negative comment,far as I'm concern that could be anybody:) I will fight again now that I'm self managed I'm making all the calls for now so only time will tell. I thank u guys for the support I won't let u down take care and may God Bless us all.

Anonymous said...

Look's like this will be a barn burner of a card. Who is Byran fighting?

Gary Digital Williams said...

No word yet on the opponent for Jargal.

Anonymous said...

farmer or wilson

Anonymous said...

Jargal does not want any part of Farmer.

Anonymous said...

I heard Jargal was fighting Carlos Contreas

Anonymous said...

Doesn't make sense for any of those 3 guys to fight the other Farmer, Jargal, Wilson. No money in it. Now maybe get a Showbox date and throw money at them and then it may work but not on a club show.

Anonymous said...

your right Joe

Anonymous said...

I believe Jargal would walk right through Farmer

Anonymous said...

why jargal dont want farmer.

Anonymous said...

Keep selling Farmer and Wilson short against Jargal. Neither guy is afraid to fight him and both would do quite well. The main reason the fight doesnt make sense is because of the dough ray me. Thats it. All three guys can fight and the area is blessed to have talent in that weight class.

Anonymous said...

Why does anyone talk about Jeter and McCombs on here? One is the tinman with no heart, talks about a comeback that no one cares about. Richard, you are a 250-500 dollar fighter, no one has there hand out. The other is the lion, scared of everyone, unwilling to fight anyone who has an inkling of skill. There are real fighters to discuss, these two guys aren't even has beens.

Anonymous said...

I will reserve any opinion of Jeter until after this fight this is going to be a test just because Gross is long and fast and can keep him on the outside and has the stick to do so if he ever decides to use it i have only seen jeter fight a few toimes recently but as an amatuer that dude was a monster

Anonymous said...

isnt tnt fighting that friday? when r u gunna post blog gary?

Gary Digital Williams said...

Did that a long time ago. Check the older posts. Tucker is on Friday, Lange is on Saturday.

California State University San Marcos said...

We have a few college students online from California State University San Marcos and we love your blog postings, so well add your rss ornews feed for them,Thanks and please post us and leave a comment back and well link to you. Thanks Jen , Blog
California State University San Marcos