Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Corley Added to Feb. 3 Card in New Jersey!

Former WBO Junior Welterweight champion DeMarcus "Chop Chop" Corley has been added to the rescheduled boxing card at the Meadowlands Sheraton Hotel in East Rutherford, NJ.

Corley (32-10-1, 18 KO's) is slated to battle in a 10-round bout against an opponent to be determined. Corley is looking to turn his fortunes around after a rough 2008 in which he lost a 12-round unanimous decision to highly-touted prospect Devon Alexander and two eight-round unanimous decisions to Ashley Theophane and, in a rematch, to former WBO champ Randall Bailey. Corley ended the year on a good note with a first-round knockout over Donnell Logan on December 13.

I'm looking for 2009 to be one of the best years of my career," said Corley in a press release. "I want to fight 6 or 7 times and then win another world title. It will be a great opportunity for me to fight on the East Coast again. I'm looking to put on an exciting fight for the fans. I will do my best to score a knockout."

Two other Beltway Boxers were slated to be on this card when it was originally scheduled in mid-January: Heavyweights "The Big Ticket" Dwayne McRae of Laurel, MD and Hannibal Otey of Baltimore. No official word on whether they will still be on the card.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK CHOP I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.