Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Changes to November 1 Patriot Center Card!

As we first told you on BATB, the bout between Jaime Palma and Dean White has been scratched from the Saturday, November 1 Patriot Center card due to a cold/illness that White has suffered with for the past two months.

Another bout that has been scratched involved former IBF Featherweight champion Eric "Mighty Mouse" Aiken. Aiken's scheduled opponent, Miguel Rodriguez, pulled out at the very last minute.

Two bouts have been added to the card. Alexandria, VA junior middleweight Luther "Sugarman" Smith (who, ironically, is Aiken's cousin) will battle Jimmy "The Dream" LeBlanc of Boston, MA in a six-round contest. Smith (22-7-2, 12 KO's) will be trying to break a four-bout losing streak. Smith has not won since defeating former welterweight title contender Oba Carr by second-round TKO in October of 2002. LeBlanc (11-15-3, four KO's) has lost six straight and eight of his last nine -- a streak that includes losses to contender Yuri Foreman and prospects Moncef Askri and Raymond Serrano.

Also added is an eight-round junior middleweight bout that could turn out to be a good one as Hyattsville, MD-based Carlos "El Perro" Cisneros battles Curtis "KO" Smith of Atlanta, GA. A native of El Salvador, Cisneros (9-15-1, six KO's) has won two of his last three bouts. Both were victories against Beltway Boxers Norman Allen and Reggie Holly. Smith (8-4, four KO's) is coming off a six-round unanimous decision victory over Andre Baker on June 14 in Atlanta. Smith impressed many Beltway fans back in November of 2007 when he lost a close six-round split decision to Andrew Farmer at the ABC Sports Arena in Springfield, VA. Smith dropped Farmer with body punches in the sixth round of that contest.

17 comments:

ACW said...

Ridgway? I've been to that gym; interesting. Why'd Rodriguez pull out? And I guess the Cabell fight's been canceled? Fine with me; nice to see a card with Beltway Boxers in ALL the fights. Should be a fun show.

Anonymous said...

luther smith should not be fighting.

Anonymous said...

Brian Srenaowski & Milin are the owners of LA Bosing, not Ridgway. I heard Haggler pulled out of that fight. Is Cisneros fight at jr. middle or jr. welter?

boxbible said...

Curtis Smith vs Carlos Cisneros... now that's a FIGHT!!!

Anonymous said...

Haggler did pull out he said he has a bruised knuckle!!!! I am the General Manager of LA Boxing. Who said I was the owner?

Gary Digital Williams said...

Miscommunication on my part, Justin. Sorry about that. I received incorrect info.

Anonymous said...

no problem gary. i wish haggler wouldn't have pulled out i was looking forward to fighting. i just got back from training camp with bj flores they all were helping me get ready for this fight. gary give me a call 417-848-7800.

Anonymous said...

Is the Curtis Smith fight Jr.Welter or Jr.middle?
Gary do you know?

Anonymous said...

Gary I heard they Wanted Team Palma to Fight Carlos Cisneros I have to say this because I've been Following Palma who ever was trying to put that together is a Asshole They do Palma so Wrong well I wish Palma the Best I've enjoyed his Fights.....

Gary Digital Williams said...

Listen to Palma's interview. He talks in great detail about the situation with Cisneros.

Anonymous said...

0k Gary I listened to the Enterview I agree with Palma Carlos would of been to Big for Palma....Even though Palma can box his As@ 0ff I'm gonna miss Team Palma Boxing these guys ears 0ff....

Anonymous said...

who is acw?

Anonymous said...

Smith is a beast and I bought two five hundred dollar tickets so I could watch his fight up close.

Anonymous said...

I thought Jimmy Fange was going to fight on this card?

Anonymous said...

Thats Curtis Smith not Luther Smith
who is a beast.

Anonymous said...

Justin-where is my check? Hannah

Anonymous said...

looks like you owe a few people some money huh justin? josh