Saturday, August 16, 2008

Weights From Portsmouth, VA!

Here is the scale watch for tonight's card at the Renaissance Portsmouth Hotel in Portsmouth, VA:

Juan Carlos Robles 197 vs. William Bailey 192 1/2

Willis Lockett 168 vs. Bobby Jordan 167

Larry Brothers 164 vs. John Mackey 161

Stephan Alexander 131 vs. Gustavo Dailey 131

Tiffany Woodard 209 vs. Tanzee Daniels 219

There are two rematches on this card. DC's Larry Brothers will try to avenge a four-round unanimous decision loss to Montgomery, AL's John Mackey. Brothers lost to Mackey back on February 24 in Springfield, VA. The other rematch is the female bout between Tiffany Woodard (1-1) and Tanzee Daniels (1-0). Daniels, a native of Brooklyn, NY won a four-round split decision over the Wilson, NC native Woodard on July 11 in Philadelphia.

Alexander, a native of Norfolk, VA is 2-0, two KO's. Dailey, who is from Philadelphia, PA is 2-2.

Joe Hensley of MajorLeagueBoxing.com will have the BATB Post-Fight Wrap-Up show from Portsmouth, VA later tonight.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Bailey has trained, the Robles vs. Bailey fight should be interesting. Against their common opponent, Derek Amos, Bailey looked better if that means anything. Robles is always in shape. Like to see the winner of this vs. the winner of the rematch between T.Roy and Jaywon Woods.

Anonymous said...

good luck to everyone fighting tonight. Hope everyone stays safe.

-Andrew"dooman"Farmer

Linda "Great Shot" Siadys said...

Everyone knows I really care for and admire both of these fighters, but why would ANY sane, ethical matchmaker pair Mr. Brothers and Mr. Mackey?????????????????

Linda "Great Shot" Siadys said...

I know this is the 2nd go, and it meant a lot to John that he won over Larry, but watching the journey since, I am not getting this. Unless "The Gladiator" wins, then perhaps I don't know "No" Mercy as I do.

Anonymous said...

Did you take any pics of the friday fight? If so, are they online yet?

Linda "Great Shot" Siadys said...

First , I really apologize for what I said about the matchmaking. Sounds like Larry held his own. I wanted to be at this fight sooooo bad! Just couldn't do the nearly 4 hour drive. :(.

Congrats to Mackey and Storm...Wish you guys could fight closer to the beltway! Keep at it Juan, I know it's going to turn around. Are you guys still having the Harley Davidson fight/MMA, If so when.

Yes, I shot Friday's fight, and no they are not up yet. I haven't even started processing them...Having some issues taking care of my mom and starting a new job...sigh. I will get them up as soon as I can. Email me if you are interested in particular shots. Mike Greenhill and CD Brown have some AWESOME shots, so try them too.

Unknown said...

I like your blog. There are some really interesting articles featured by our experts on the bizymoms Portsmouth community experts page.