Monday, April 28, 2008

Wilson Arrives in Stuttgart for WBA Title Challenge!



(Photo by Eroll Popova)

Takoma Park, MD cruiserweight Darnell "The Ding-A-Ling Man" Wilson has arrived in Stuttgart, Germany for his WBA Cruiserweight title challenge against champion Firat Arslan on Saturday, May 3. The two fighters spoke at a press conference today and here is what they had to say courtesy of a Universum press release:

Wilson: "I prepared in Florida, running on the beach among other things. Firat Arslan is physical and a very strong boxer defensively. In the USA, we know him not only by his victory over ex-world champion Virgil Hill but by his KO victory over Grigory Drozd. Firat is a hard worker. That this fight has come about is a win for all boxing fans. My dream to take the world title will become a reality. I'm ready to go twelve rounds."

Arslan: My first title defense is very special. But during my career I have always prepared myself equally intensely and concentrated upon every fight. The preparation with my team in Șlden was great РI feel fitter than in my fight against Virgil Hill. I have a lot of respect for Darnell Wilson. I always want to box the best, and in the cruiserweight division he is the hardest puncher in the world. The fans will want to see this fight! I'm not man of big words - I'll give everything and defeat one of the best of my weight class!

12 comments:

Linda "Great Shot" Siadys said...

>Looking GOOD Darnell!!!

All rooting for you here!

Bring it back and add your new win to Boxing Along the Beltway!!!

Anonymous said...

Go get 'em Ding-a-ling Man! The start of the Beltway Boxer champs!

Anonymous said...

Digital, this won't be televised here in the US?

Gary Digital Williams said...

Nope, only live on German TV ZDF at 11 pm their time.

Anonymous said...

Put them punches together Ding-a-ling... and we'll have a NEW champ!!!

Anonymous said...

what will it be this time? sleep deprivation? too heavy a dose of some pill taken eighteen hours before the fight? lousy food? lets hope that darnell wilson fights like a man, and either wins or loses like a man and we get no more of this crybaby crap after the fight that we have gotten with each loss. there is always an excuse and it will be interesting to see what he comes up with this time. but lets hope he wins so we do not have to hear the blabbering, the blubbering and the blaming.

Anonymous said...

WTF Honest Abe? You get chumped by Darnell? He ko your girl? Stay off the BAB site with that crap, Darnell is a warrior. He has always comeback strong from a loss, and has foughtthe best in the world. I suggest you take your reserved seat at Ford's Theatre, and relax.

Anonymous said...

Honest Abe has been sucking on his pipe too long. That gaping head wound is begining to affect his sensibilities. Go get em Dina-a-ling! Win or lose, you continue to make us proud!

Anonymous said...

Did you hear me say "the bitch set me up" after that fateful night at Ford's? No, I could have put the blame anywhere, but I did not. I took it like a man and that is why I went down in history. If Ding had been there he would have blamed it on bad theatre, bad seats, bad acting, he might even have said 'the bitch set me up". But he never would have taken it like a man. Lets see next week the words that come out of his mouth. Then you will bow down because Honest Abe speaks da truth!

Anonymous said...

He will need a knock out to win in Germany.Good luck dig

Anonymous said...

oops good luck ding

Anonymous said...

Looking at the fightnews photos of the open workout, Ding in in awesome shape!! I have not seen in that kind of shape since he fought at 175. with his chin and his power he's hard to beat at his best. He will win Saturday. Philly G