Thursday, April 03, 2008

Russell Jr, Team USA, Faces Puerto Rico on April 26!

US Olympian Gary Russell, Jr. of Capitol Heights, MD will make his first in-ring appearance since qualifying for the Olympics in Beijing on Saturday, April 26 when he will be part of a Team USA contingent that will face Puerto Rico in a dual meet at the Liaconas Center on the campus of Temple University in Philadelphia, PA.

Russell has not fought since losing in the 2007 World Championships in Chicago last October. Russell advanced to the quarterfinals of that event, which punched his ticket to Beijing, but he lost his next bout. Russell will face McJoe Arroyo who won the bronze medal at the 2007 world championships.

There will be a lot of excitement on the 26th in Philadelphia. The last Saturday in April means the final day of one of the biggest track and field meets in the country -- The Penn Relay Carnival at Franklin Field on the University of Pennsylvania campus. Because it is an Olympic year, there will probably be an even bigger crowd at Franklin Field than usual. So with two Olympic-style events in one day, that would be a dream for a sports fan!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

William, I am very sorry if I hurt your feelings. It was your younger sister who made the first move. She is actually the one who asked Tye to purchase the beer. We both knew she was only 17. No William, I know that is your sister but you must admit she is built like a extra durable brickhouse. Just think about how everyone acted when we took her to the Redskin vs Cowboy game last year. Anyway, to make a long story short, she had a little too much to drink and started getting fresh with me as I was putting armor all on my truck tires. She also had on those tight-ass jeans and that small mickey mouse shirt. What was I supossed to do? I am old and fat and will most likely never get a chance like that ever again. I took her up on her offer. I am sorry! But can you imagine if I would have said no, you and Jermy would have thought I was a homosexual or something. Look William, if it wasn't me parking my car in your sister garage, it would have been someone else. She had the bun and I had the hotdog.
Shit happens!!! I hope we can remain friends. Please stop by Starbucks in the morning, we can talk there. By the way, I will be at the fights tonight in Glen Burning. I have an extra ticket.

Anonymous said...

THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!
GO UGENE>>>GO UGENE>>>GO UGENE>>>

Anonymous said...

Uh-Oh...Hope the security is ramped up!

Anonymous said...

i want to mee her

Anonymous said...

I would also like to meet her.
Will she be at the fights tonight?

Anonymous said...

What is this mess?nnttit

Anonymous said...

She will deffintly be there. She is a huge Tyrell fan.

Gary Digital Williams said...

Whatever this dialogue is, it has nothing to do with the title of this thread. Please keep these discussions away from this blog as this has nothing to do with Gary Russell (or anything else concerning boxing).

Anonymous said...

little russell i wish you the best willie taylor

Anonymous said...

But - quite frankly - it was pretty funny and interesting. And she was there at the fights. Hotstuff