Thursday, January 17, 2008

Corley Takes All or Nothing Approach to Saturday Night!

Former WBO Junior Welterweight champ DeMarcus "Chop Chop" Corley of DC is looking at his bout against undefeated prospect Devon Alexander this Saturday night in New York City as a "Do or Die" contest.

"It's do or die for me right now," says Corley (31-7-1, 17 KOs), who is hoping to end a three fight losing streak against Alexander (13-0, 8 KOs) on the Jones vs Trinidad "Bring on the Titans" boxing event at Madison Square Garden and on HBO Pay-Per-View.

"I'm fighting on one leg. I'm like a dog with a broken leg. If I lose this one I'm out. I can't call Don King and ask for another match if I lose another fight."

Corley, however, thinks he can remove the 'O' from Alexander's ledger. "If I knock this kid Devon Alexander out it would help me," continued Corley. "Just getting past him is not enough. I need to knock him out. He and his team have shown me a lot of respect. I appreciate that. After the stare down at the press conference, I told him to bring his "A" game. He asked for me. You gotta be careful what you ask for because you might get it."

No comments: