Friday, January 04, 2008

Corley Faces Highly-Touted Prospect Alexander Jan.19 on Jones-Trinidad Undercard!

Former WBO Junior Welterweight champion DeMarcus "Chop Chop" Corley of DC has signed to appear on the Roy Jones-Felix Trinidad Pay-Per-View telecast on Saturday, January 19 from Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Corley (31-7-1, 17 KO's) will open the telecast by facing undefeated and highly-touted prospect Devon Alexander of St. Louis, MO in a 10-round bout. The 33-year-old Corley will be trying to break a three-bout losing streak as he faces the 20-year-old Alexander "The Great" (13-0, eight KO's) who promoter Don King calls his hottest prospect to date.

“I insisted on putting Alexander The Great on the Jones-Trinidad pay-per-view because he is emerging and ready to become the top welterweight in the world,” King said in a press release. “Now is Devon’s time and I want everyone to see this young talent display his skills.”

Corley will be the second Beltway Boxer scheduled for this card. Baltimore cruiserweight Emmanuel "Chukwu" Nwodo will take on cruiserweight contender Ezra Sellers of Florida in a 10-round bout, that will not appear on the pay-per-view. I recently talked to Nwodo and he told me he will be heading down to train at Buddy McGirt's camp in Florida to prepare for this bout.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is it that nobody has made a comment about chop chop?
Is he that uninteresting that nobody has a comment,especially all the haters that read this blog.

Linda "Great Shot" Siadys said...

Chop Chop
I wish I could be there to take photos.
Tear NY up!
I think of you and that smile every time I hear "I got my drink and my two step, my drink and my two step"

Anonymous said...

Goodnight Gracie! Goodnight Demarcus!