Friday, November 16, 2007

Joppy Weighs in at 173 in St. Lucia; Petersons Tip Scales at 135 1/4 and 140 1/4 in Turks And Caicos!

Former WBA Middleweight champion William Joppy weighed in at 173 pounds for his bout against Etienne Whitaker tonight on the Caribbean island of St. Lucia. Whitaker also tipped the scales at 173. This bout will be an off-TV contest for the ShoBox card featuring Andre Ward.

Meanwhile, on the Caribbean island of Turks and Caicos, the undefeated Peterson Brothers have weighed in for their bouts on Saturday. Anthony Peterson weighed in at 135 1/4 for his eight-round bout against Oscar Leon (138 pounds) while Lamont Peterson came in at 140 1/4 for his eight-round contest against Umberto Toledo (141). Reginald Taylor, who is also scheduled for this card, will weigh-in later today.

9 comments:

RichardMcCombs said...

That's right champ sit in the pocket with this one an another easy victory.

Anonymous said...

RICHARD WHEN ARE YOU GONNA FIGHT AGAIN.

Anonymous said...

richard does not fight he just blabs on the blog because he likes to see his name in print

RichardMcCombs said...

I'm fighting sometime in Febuary I'll be in Germany from Nov. 17th-Jan. 3rd 2008. I take the good with the bad see only cowards/fools look to trash another person trying to succeed. It's clear to me that empty wagons make alot of noise. Gary you should create a section for the wanna Bee's.lol....

Anonymous said...

Richard,

I like that "empty wagons make a lot of noise". Stay strong brother and do your thing. You're a good guy.

RichardMcCombs said...

Thanks my friend I appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

5 to 1 McCombs doesn't fight in February.

RichardMcCombs said...

5-1 Anonymous will never man up and stamp his name on a post. I am working hard to get back and when I do fight Gary will be the first to know. I was recently informed that I was in a New Writer's Boxing Book "Saving Boxing" by Dan Horgan. I'm not 100% on the title but the book is finished and I'm waiting on my copy.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Richard, that is just downright pure lyrical poetry. Keep on letting the strength shine through the hater's holes my friend.