Saturday, May 19, 2007

Nwodo-Wilson Now June 29 on ESPN2!

In case you did not hear the announcement on the Post-Fight Wrap-Up show from Rosecroft Raceway, the USBA Cruiserweight title bout between champion Emmanuel "Chukwu" Nwodo and challenger Darnell "The Ding-A-Ling Man" Wilson has a new date and venue.

The bout will be held on Friday, June 29 at Wagner College in Staten Island, NY. Interesting choice of venue that makes me wonder whether something is going on involving ESPN2 Friday Night Fights analyst Teddy Atlas, who is from Staten Island. There may be a special night for him, but I'm not sure.

I plan to talk to both combatants during the first week in June as they prepare for this big clash.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm think the fight is in Staten Island because Wilson still has promotional ties to a New York promoter as well as the Duvas. What probably happened is that the New York promoter bought the fight from Duva by buying out his gate (paid him a site fee).

Anonymous said...

who is that NY promoter?
eric-

Anonymous said...

Great fight on paper. Gary are you going to this fight?

Stick and Move Jeff

Anonymous said...

Sal Musameci is the New York promoter, I believe. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this is the case and also why the fight is in New York. Sal also bought the fight between his heavyweight, Derek Rossy, and Eddie Chambers a few months back.

Anonymous said...

Thompson and the Peterson brothers are on sports talk with glenn harris tonight at 8:45 call in to ask questions at 703-387-1020

Gary Digital Williams said...

I had hoped to go but I will not be able to because of other commitments.

Anonymous said...

The peterson bro a are fighting some bums.