Thursday, January 25, 2007

'Mighty Mouse' Aiken Returns in February!

Former IBF Featherweight champion Eric "Mighty Mouse" Aiken has told me he will return to action on Friday, February 16 in an ESPN2-televised bout from Las Vegas, NV. Aiken said he did not know who his opponent will be, but the bout is slated to be an elimination bout. Should Aiken win, he will get another shot at the IBF title, which is currently vacant. Aiken is currently ranked number 6 by the IBF. The bout was originally slated to take place in March, but Aiken's trainer, Adrian Davis said the bout was moved up a month.

By the way, if this bout holds up, that means there will be two Beltway Boxers participating on two television networks on February 16. Heavyweight Tony "The Tiger" Thompson will headline the Fox Sports "Best Damn Sports Show" Boxing special against Timor Ibragimov from the Playboy Mansion in Beverly Hills, CA on that same evening.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the talk about Aiken fighting Dean and he still hasn't found an opponent, somebody better give Aiken's people Dean's number. Who's the coward now.

Gary Digital Williams said...

In all honesty, I didn't ask Eric about Dean. My assumption is that in order for this to be an IBF elimination bout, both men have to be ranked in the top 10.

That would take Dean off the radar for now.

Anonymous said...

In all fairness, I don't think anyone was calling anyone out. Fans were simply expressing the desire to see the bout and speculating on the outcome.

Gary Digital Williams said...

I don't think Eric was calling out Dean personally. I think it was other people in the area who want the bout.

It's good to see Dean somewhat in the mix of being talked about. Last year this wasn't the case.

Anonymous said...

This is Mouse, first of I have never been a coward, I personally don't know who a person called Dean is. How can i call someone out if I've never heard of the guy. Like Digital said fighter have to be in the top 10 in the rankings for elimination bouts.

Anonymous said...

You and Dean aren't even in the same weight class, so it's all talk. But I believe it was one of your followers who called Dean a coward for not fighting you.And if that fight was to happen in the first place it would be a 132 lbs. so lets put this fight to rest.

Doug

Anonymous said...

Dean could not carry Mark Johnson jock-strap. Mark Johnson was better than Dean when he was 15 years old. Dean should be happy with Mark Johnsons autograph.
Furthermore, Doug, when I see you I just might put my foot up your ass. You owe $16.00 from 2002.
I want my money!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Shit! Dean u better look out now..../

Anonymous said...

Eric Mighty Mouse would knock Dean out in round 2! Dean aint shit..

Anonymous said...

Mackter

To follow up on my last post, what the hell would anybody owe someone else 16.00 for?

Doug

Anonymous said...

if dean couldnt carry marks jock strap,maybe he could carry his crack pipe

Anonymous said...

What is going on? why are you people trying to compare Dean an Toosharp. Come on let's get behind or people not have them fight each other unless its for a title.