Saturday, August 26, 2006

'Teflon' Boyd Scores TKO at Dover Downs!

Congratulations to DC super featherweight Ron "Teflon" Boyd who registered a third-round technical knockout over James Franks last night at Dover Downs in Dover, Delaware.

With the victory, Boyd, who is trained and managed by former world champion Mark "Too Sharp" Johnson, raised his record to 3-1 and scored the first knockout of his career. After losing to Andrew Weston in his pro debut back in 2003, the 36-year-old Boyd took two years off from the sport. He came back in 2005 and scored a disqualification win over Joey Van Daniker on the McBride-Tyson card and then won a four-round majority decision over Mike Ricasa on July 21,2005 at Martin's West. The Franks bout was Boyd's first since the win over Ricasa.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lonnie, a well-deserved victory.
Mike Sawyer

Anonymous said...

Gary....where in Springfield is the ABC Sports Complex?

Thanks!
Dave

Gary Digital Williams said...

The ABC (Annandale Boxing Club) Sports Complex is on 6728 Industrial Drive in Springfield.

Anonymous said...

Hey gary this mark toosharp thanks for that you are doing a great job an as for me I'm looking to fight soon I'm getting ready to go to camp with deigo corrales so I would like to fight in the area I'm ready to talk to some local pro.

Anonymous said...

What a great win, and he deserved it 100%. And by way of knockout - that's pretty good going!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Son, I knew that you had it in you.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Congrats- a win is definately a win! I have watched both fighters (Frank and Boyd) perform better- this was clearly a mismatch- Boyd was able to use his height and weight to his advantage- I witnessed bad ref calls- A headbutt was given by Boyd that was not called and Boyd would continuously hold after throwing a punch and seemed to smother Franks w/his size-we all were disappointed that the ref called the fight-TKO- it by far was not a knockout-Boyd "smothered/pushed" Franks into the ropes leaving Franks to appear unsteady. It was too bad that this match was stopped prematurely, I bet we would have witnessed good fighting if they allowed it to continue. Congrats to the winner- good luck to both fighters who I believe both may have a strong future (it is still early)

Anonymous said...

I was there and boyd won but he need to listen to his corner mark 2 and his father ham I would like to see boyd again gary when is he fighting in this area again

Anonymous said...

thanks mom for looking me up only god can judge me, not these people. You know your son just like god know me. I hope you read that hated ask comment that person left, for the hater let me shine and play your part because it didn't happen the way you seen it.

Anonymous said...

boyd is a good fighter the next champ no but 2 sharp is doing a good job this shows me 2 sharp can be a good mngt an trainer with he got

Anonymous said...

Ron, I knew that you would have hatreds, but that just don't know you like I do. You are a winner and going to be a champ. Kept the good work up.
Mom