Monday, May 01, 2006

May 13 Temple Hills Card Postponed!

I've just received word that the Keystone Boxing card slated for Saturday, May 13 has been postponed. The card was scheduled to be at the D Light Skating Rink in Temple Hills, MD and was slated to feature Lamont "Bay" Pearson and Henry "Sugar Poo" Buchanan in co-feature bouts. Promoter Gene Molovinsky told me there will be a card there sometime this summer.

This means that right now, May will be a very light month along the Beltway with just Sharmba Mitchell's ESPN date on May 3 and the Ballroom Boxing show in Glen Burnie on May 4. There will also be two big amateur shows coming up; The Capitol Gloves on May 13 and Jake Smith's show on May 24.

The fact that it won't be as busy around this area in May is probably a good thing because June will be a major month for this area.

And that leads me to the following announcement:

Join me later today (hopefully between 8-9 PM ET) because I will announce three MAJOR bouts involving Beltway Boxers that will take place in June. All I will tell you at this time is that all three bouts will take place within an 11-day period and at least two (I think all three actually) will be televised. I have been told by all three boxers that the bouts are signed and sealed. With these bouts, June of 2006 will be one of the most important months in recent Beltway Boxing history.

Come back later for this announcement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Digital, where will the May 3 ESPN date, and the two amateur shows, take place at?

Gary Digital Williams said...

The May 3 show will be in Cathedral City, CA at the Big League Dreams park.

The Capitol Gloves, I think, will be at the DC Armory. Jake Smith's amateur show will be at Martin's West.