Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Kim Not in Tennessee After All; Nwodo Battles in Philadelphia!

I am now getting word that Silver Spring welterweight Han "Sugar" Kim will NOT be on the card in Tennessee as earlier posted. All other information on that previous post is correct.

In other news, Baltimore-based cruiserweight Emanuel Nwodo will be involved in a co-feature on a Don Elbaum-promoted card at the legendary Blue Horizon in Philadelphia on December 2. Nwodo (17-4, 13 KO's), originally from Enugu, Nigeria, will take on John Douglas (6-10-3, three KO's) of Georgetown, Guyana in a bout scheduled for eight rounds.

Nwodo, who has explosive power in both hands, has been impressive since moving down to Cruiserweight division, winning all seven of his Cruiserweight bouts, five by way of knockout. Douglass will provide a stiff challenge for the Nigerian, as he is on a comeback of his own, winning four of his last five bouts.

3 comments:

skinnyscott said...

I noticed in the post with Perry Ballard and Han Kim that Thomas snow was on the card as well. He has had a lot of trouble getting fights and was actually looking to turn ;pro a few years back. I'm curious whose getting these DC area fighters fights down in tennessee.

skinnyscott said...

Hey Gary, anything I discover I'll always kick to you. I appreciate the thanks and I'm sure everyone else does as well. Beltway boxing has always been underpublicized and Beltway boxers have always been underrated. Do you know who is getting these guys fights?

Gary Digital Williams said...

Thanks again, SkinnyScott.

I don't know how these guys are getting fights in every case, but a couple of promoters have contacted me saying they have Beltway fighters under contract.

I recently received an email from Nate Yoder who represents Prize Fight Boxing of Mississippi. They handle the Peterson Brothers.

Then there is a matchmaker named Jack Crider who uses a lot of our guys on shows down in southern Virginia. I don't know if he is involved with the show in Richmond or not.

Unfortunately, this has been the case for a lot of years. Our talent has been recognized everywhere except here.