Saturday, July 30, 2005

Welcome to Boxing Along The Beltway

Hi everyone! I'm Gary "Digital" Williams. I finally decided to write a blog to talk about what is going on in the boxing world along the Beltway!

For those who don't know, the Beltway consists of Washington, DC, Maryland and the northern section of Virginia. For many years, this area has been one of the best in the country for boxers. There is suddenly a lot going on in the area and you'll be able to read about it right here. I will try to be as current as I can with this blog.

I have covered the area for many different media for the past 17 years. I currently write for Fightnews.com. But there will be posts here that you won't find anywhere else.

I plan to have fighter profiles, interviews, information on upcoming events, results of boxing and rankings of the top 10 fighters in the area.

You'll also get my feelings on what I think is going on in the area -- good and bad. These comments you will only find here.

Feel free to write in with comments. I definitely want to read your thoughts.

We'll talk soon!

Digital

6 comments:

skinnyscott said...

Hey Gary, you're the man. This is a great site esp. with the dissappearance of keystone boxing.com. I think Ding-a-Ling Man is about to fight in Russia. Who knew?

Gary Digital Williams said...

Appreciate the comment, Skinnyscott. I'll do my best.

I talked to Ding-a-Ling a few weeks ago and he was talking about possibly getting a title shot against IBF Champion O'Neil Bell. That may not be the bout you're talking about, but a trip to Russia would be an interesting opportunity.

skinnyscott said...

Basket-Hall, Kazan, Russia
Date: Thursday, 18th August, 2005
Promoter: Yusupov Rinat


Cruiserweight Vadim Tokarev v Darnell Wilson 10

Gary Digital Williams said...

Thanks! I will post ASAP with details!

Anonymous said...

gary this is r jordan bey am with the reid team an we have a up comeing fight in conn on jan 20 2006 an we will knock out him and anyone that try to get in our way ...there a new two gun comeing to your tv soon so watch for the knock of this year from Mr.two gun see you soon Mr williams

Pacquiao vs Bradley said...

Hey, I think I'm the last person to comment here! Lol I think this was your first post. Man, this was a long time ago.